If you are concerned about the future of your business and want to move beyond a ‘passion project’ to a business that is a tool for wealth creation, then this week’s podcast interview is for you!
If financial freedom without a 40 -60 hour week is your dream, then creating a business that is too dependent on you IS NOT the road to achieving it. Instead, you want to move towards a business with highly efficient systems, a great team, and a business model that will allow scalability without you having to put in more of your time.
If this is the kind of business you’re seeking to create, then prepare to be inspired by this week’s podcast guest Laura Humphreys.
Laura is the co-founder of Pet Angels, a highly systematized award winning pet care business with a fully automated online search and booking facility that minimized admin requirements to the point where the owners only had to work 10 hours a week!(YES! 10 hours! whew!). Before Pet Angels, Laura also owned her own advertising agency before selling it on to a multi-national company.
This interview is full of learnings as Laura shares the ups of downs of her journey, including starting from the ground up as a solo mum! We talk exit strategies, common mistakes Laura sees when trying to build a scalable business, and so much more!
If you’re ready to plan for a business that doesn’t fully depend on you, watch or listen to our interview now:
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what J9 and Laura cover:
- The ups and downs behind Laura’s business success (including starting a new company from scratch as a solo mum!)
- The inspiration behind Laura’s tagline ‘the purpose of a business is to set it’s owner free’
- The road to financial freedom, what does it look like?
- An exit strategy – what is it and why is it so important that this is on your radar?
- Three steps to take if you have no clue what your exit strategy is right now
- Some of the most common mistakes Laura sees business owners make that hold them back from success
- Laura’s perspective on building a profitable business without burning out or having to work a 40-60 hour week to get there
Resources we talked about:
- How to make your business more valuable – 8 Key Strategies (free download from Laura)
- Laura’s book “Liber8 your Business: The revolutionary business planning technique that will set every small business owner free“
- Richard Kawasaki’s ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’ book and website
Tell us about your exit strategy!
Do you have an exit strategy already or is this the first time you’ve thought about it? How do you use the concept of ‘leverage’ we talk about in your business?
This chat with Laura definitely got us thinking – we’d love to hear what you took away from it!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>