Have you ever considered what Health and Safety systems should you have in your business or workplace? For many business Mums, the words Health and Safety are enough to send you running!
Whether you are a one-woman band and think that this legislation doesn’t apply to you, or you think it will be way too time-consuming to implement in your business, its important not to bury your heads in the sand and ignore this element of your business!
Health and safety might not be sexy, but it IS relevant to you no matter how small your business is and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to get started. In this interview with Jeska McHugh we take away the mystery and overwhelm so you not only realise that you DO have obligations in this field, but that it can feel GREAT to take steps towards implementing health and safety in your business.
Watch or listen to the interview now!
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Jo and Jeska cover in the podcast interview:
- Does Health & Safety apply to me even though I’m a one-woman band who works from home?
- The actual risks associated with running a small business
- How the heck to get started with a Health & Safety plan
- How to keep yourself and your team (if you have one) safe
- What your responsibilities are if you attend or run events through your business
- What should be your concern if you have employees or contractors
- How to factor in your long term financial security and that of your family
Resources we talked about:
- WorkSafe New Zealand – New Zealand government regulator for Health & Safety. Their website includes information on your legal responsibilities, guidance for business and how to report a notifiable event.
- Resilient Organisations – provides information and assistance on Business Continuity (Resilience) for small businesses.
- Jeska’s Events Checklist – free events checklist which you can use in any event to make sure you have everything covered from the preparation down to packing up. Get a copy by sending her an email at email@example.com
Join the Conversation:
Share with us in the comments below what Health and Safety programs you think you should have in place for your home and business!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>