Do you have an issue that you feel incredibly passionate about but you’re not sure how to translate that passion into a viable business? In this week’s podcast episode, J9 interviews food advocate Claire Deeks, a former corporate lawyer who has combined the power of blogging with social media to build a tribe of Mums passionate about providing ‘real’ and healthy food to their families.
This woman is on fire! Listen in to discover how Claire has built her social media following and blog, the ups and downs as she attempts to monetize, and how she is now using live events to spread her core message and advocate for an end to misleading food labeling in NZ.
Claire also has a fantastic offer for our Kiwi listeners – you can grab a great discount on any of her upcoming MOTHERS ON A MISSION events around NZ when you use the special Get It Done Mum discount code Claire has created! To find out more about the Mothers on a Mission events click on the link below in the ‘resources’ section. And if you’re in the Lower North Island, come along to the Lower Hutt event – J9 is guest speaking and would love to meet you in person! Our discount code for all events is: GIDM2016
So, if you’re ready contribute to big change on an issue YOU are passionate about, listen in to discover how Claire has done it
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Claire and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- How Claire went from corporate lawyer to real food advocate and why
- The growth of Claire’s blog and social media following
- The ups and downs of Claire’s journey towards monetizing her blog and following
- Claire’s campaign to get 50 000 signatures on her ‘Ditch the Stars” petition and end misleading food labeling in NZ (and the positive PR spin-offs for her business)
- Why food matters and how to make it easier for Mums
- The inside story on the nationwide series of ‘Mothers on a Mission’ events that Claire has just launched around NZ
- How she’s set up her Mothers on a Mission events, her plans for monetizing, what’s going well and what’s driving her crazy!
- How Claire secured 150K of sponsorship for her events (made up of goodies for goodie bags and prize giveaways, as well as cash towards event costs)
Resources we talked about:
- Dom’s kitchen – Claire’s awesome food blog full of practical tips, resources and advice for living a real food lifestyle.
- Mothers on a Mission for a Kids Lunchbux Revolution: a series of 12 fun and interactive events around NZ Oct/Nov 2016 showcasing quick and easy ways for Mums to prepare healthy, fun food for their kids lunchboxes, with guest experts too. Remember the special code for our listeners – use it at checkout: GIDM2016
- Ditch the Stars – Claire’s petition to get 50 000 signatures together to present to parliament to stop the current health star food rating system.
Join the Conversation:
Have you got a blog? Any plans to monetise or feeling completely lost about how to turn it into a money-making venture? We’d love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in iTunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>