Are you disorganised about the planning and creation of your Facebook content – or simply sick and tired of having to think about it all the time? Perhaps you feel like you are spending WAY too much time on FB, yet never getting the results you are after?
If this sounds familiar, you are not alone! SO many of the Mums in our tribe tell us they have a love/hate kind of relationship with Facebook. Yes it can be fun. Yes it can send some great business your way. But it can be such a time-sucker battling to create great content consistently week-after-week. When you are working on your own or starting out, it can feel completely overwhelming!
The thing is, Facebook ain’t going anywhere anytime soon, so we’ve got to get this sh*t figured out and make it work for FOR us, not against us.
Enter today’s guest expert and self-proclaimed facebook geek Claire Warin, founder of Pint-Sized Social Media. In this week’s episode Claire steps us through her top tips for creating great FB content that is going to help you STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD in what is an increasingly crowded FB space.
We cover three key chunks – planning, creation and scheduling of content on FB – and Claire shares some fantastic tips around how to pack a bigger punch with your FB content, in less time. Some of her ideas might surprise you, we certainly picked up some new strategies!
Want to create a great social media presence by creating QUALITY FB CONTENT? Click on the video below to listen in now, or head over to our Itunes or Stitcher channels to listen into the radio show.
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what J9 and Claire cover in the podcast interview:
- How Claire became such a Facebook geek and why she loves it as a platform!
- The pros and cons of FB vs other social media platforms, including why FB is best for business
- Top tips for planning out great content for FB in a time-effective way
- Which calendars to use and why it’s important not to over-complicate and get all fancy
- The idea of the ‘parking lot’ (one J9 and Jo talk about a lot!)
- How to come up with ideas for content using themes, with some great examples that keep it really simple
- What you thought you knew about the 80/20 rule when it comes to content creation
- Why strategically repeating content can be ok – if you do it right!
- What FB business manager is and what it means for your business
- Trends in FB content and what kind of content is most effective
- How to change your preview image and text if you don’t like what pops up automatically with your link (how could we NOT have known about this!)
- Claire’s thoughts on the pros and cons of scheduling – it may not be what you think!
- A final cameo of Claire showcasing her unique talent (totally unrelated to social media, but amusing!)
Resources we talked about:
- Claire’s FREE social media tips download – www.pintsized.co.nz/getitdone
- Google Chrome extensions
- FB Pixel tracker app
- Instapaper – For saving great content and links for later
- ‘Save links’ arrow in Facebook for saving posts to come back to later
- Facebook Business Manager
Here is a great tutorial on how to set up Facebook Business Manager
- Powtoon – Quickly create animation videos
- Wordswag – For creating quote images
- Scheduling tools – Postplanner, Buffer and Hootsuite
Join the Conversation:
Do you have trouble in getting your Social Media Content to stand out? Share your thoughts on the comment section!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>