Are you one of the many people who can’t go an hour without checking social media on your smart phone? Perhaps you’ve been on social media nearly every day for the past week, month or even year?!!!
The fact is, for many of us social media can feel like both a blessing and a curse. It’s a powerful tool for building our audiences and making connections (and yes, making sales) but it can also have a very negative impact on our productivity, and even more importantly, on the quality of our lives and relationships.
For Mums like us who have a limited no. of work hours in the week, being disciplined about our time on social media is crucial to the results we get AND the quality of the time we spend with our loved ones when we’re not [supposed] to be working. Let’s face it – despite what your mind may be telling you, that email or FB message can wait, and the world won’t end if you don’t check your Instagram account until tomorrow!
This level of self-discipline isn’t always easy – we struggle with it ourselves too, so we’re excited to share four strategies that are working well for us in keeping social media addiction under control in this episode.
You can watch the interview here ->>
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what J9 and Jo cover in the podcast conversation:
- Why it’s so important for you to be in control of the time you spend on social media
- How to set clear boundaries for yourself and stay grounded in that ‘why’ so you can get the best out of SM
- The top 4 strategies J9 and Jo use to keep their social media under control
- How to get a plan in place for managing your social media
- The no. 1 thing J9 and Jo do that has the biggest impact on their checking addictions
- How to get that ‘smart’ phone of yours under control
Resources we talked about:
- Hootsuite – a scheduling tool used to easily manage social media posts
- Freedom App – Internet, social media and app blocker that helps you avoid distractions and schedule Freedom Sessions
- Top 10 Productivity Hacks for Mums – free resource that you can download here
Join the Conversation:
Share in the comments section below your social media habits and how you plan to prevent it from taking over your life!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>