Is your website or blog failing to convert visitors to paying customers? Or perhaps it lacks polish and looks unprofessional?
We see so many of our Mums struggling with their websites – often spending way too much time and money trying to get it right – that we decided we needed to do something about it. Enter this weeks podcast guest Neta Talmor of No Hassle Website.
In this interview, Neta lays out clearly what you need to do if you want to get a freaking awesome website in place quickly and at low-cost.
Building fantastic websites that sell is comes so naturally for Neta that it took her a while to realise just how good she is at it! Eventually, however, the light-bulb went off and Neta realised just how many women are struggling with this part of their business, so she launched her latest venture supporting business owners to build beautiful websites for just $99 US (yes, that’s right, unbelievable huh?)
And yes, we’ve seen her websites and they not only look great, but also tick all the boxes when it comes to functionality, design and online marketing. So, how does she do it?
Listen in to this interview to discover Netas formula for a website that not only looks great, but makes sales too.
Neta shares loads of great tips. We also talk through a free critique of two Get It Done Mum community member websites, pointing out the things these Mums need to change to get their visitors to stick around and convert to sales.
Don’t miss this one Mama, lots of concrete website tips for you to implement in here!
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Neta and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- What a great home page looks like
- An insiders guide to WordPress websites including: what are they and why are they so great; what is the difference between wordpress.org and wordpress.com; Netas tips for choosing a great wordpress theme (including Neta’s google search term suggestion!)
- The importance of simplicity and focus on your website
- The key differences between a product and service based business when it comes to websites
- Netas tips for making more sales through your website, and for setting up a great sales funnel generally
- The difference between writing sales copy (a process) and the technical points of contact you create with your customer on your website (like opt-in boxes, calls to action, auto-responders etc.) as well as her tips for how to approach each of these
- Website critique of service based business – http://mymarketingplanner.com.au/margaret
- Website critique of product based business – http://www.myfunbox.co.nz/
Resources we talked about:
- Bushra Azhar’s 60 Seconds Persuasion Facebook Group, where Neta learned the 8 Persuasion Switches
- No Hassle Website – Neta’s new website building business
- Divi Builder – Neta’s favourite page builder plugin used in creating themes
NETA’S FREE GIVEAWAY!
- The Anatomy Of A Money-Making Website For Service-Based Solopreneurs – a checklist and workbook that outlines the structure of your website
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Set a specific time for work, work well and use time wisely. Neta is a self-confessed night owl who feels more comfortable and productive at night, so she does prefers to work evenings and by the sounds of it, into the wee hours too! Neta avoids email distraction by setting aside an hour and a half each morning specifically for email. She suggests NOT checking email for the rest of the day. Know when you are most productive, and schedule your work within those hours!
Join the Conversation:
Neta talked about the layout and elements of a website that would immediately capture your target audience. Did you find some useful tips which you can apply in your own website? Share with us in the comment section below!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>