With so many marketing strategies to implement, how do you decide which one to use? Do you look for the most cost-effective? Are you looking for one that’s the least time-consuming? Perhaps you’re looking for something that has the potential to go viral. If you answered yes to all three then consider video marketing.
Video marketing has been around for quite a while but statistics show that only a small percentage of businesses are using it. We think it’s largely because of the fact that not many people are comfortable in front of the camera. Also, there’s the prep work: you have to fix your hair, put on a bit of makeup, ensure yu have the correct lighting, create some slides, etc. Video seems to be a lot of work.
Our guest for today, Melissa Groom of Empowered Mums, seems to disagree however. A video markerting specialist, Melissa shows us that video is only as complicated and hard as you want to be. You can literally wake up every morning, shoot a video and you’re done. You just need to know what tools and platform to use so you can reach your target audience.
And once you’ve gotten your initial fear of being in front of the camera, you will see the results of your efforts immediately. In Melissa’s case, she got new clients two weeks after starting with video. Now, she teaches video marketing through her 30-day video marketing challenge program. You’ll get an overview of this program and more when you listen to this interview.
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Melissa and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- Why mums should incorporate video into their marketing strategy
- Melissa’s 30-day video challenge
- Topics that you can talk about in your videos
- Using Google’s Keyword Planner in planning content for your videos
- How to be real and authentic in your videos
- Ways that you can record/store videos (not having enough phone memory/storage is not an excuse!)
- Facebook Live, how it works, and how mums can use it in their business.
- Effective ways to market and repurpose your video
- Tools for creating and editing videos
Resources we talked about:
- SnagIt — video recording and editing tool
- Windows Movie Maker
- Cheat Sheet 10 Steps to Build Your Profile & Your Sales Using the Power of Video – scroll down to the bottom of the home page to sign up for this cheat sheet
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Video gives you content that you can repurpose and share on all other social media platforms, thus freeing up more of your time to work on core tasks for your business. It gives you a lot of marketing material that you can use to build your brand quickly and internationally.
Join the Conversation:
We’ve talked to a lot of mums and while they think they should do videos, they lack the confidence to appear before a camera. Are you one of these mums? What fears do you have about being on video? Share it with us and maybe we can give you some insights on how you can overcome these fears!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>