Would you like to see your product featured in a magazine or newspaper? How about guesting on a TV or radio show as an expert?
Being featured in the media can do wonders for your business but it’s almost impossible to do if you don’t know anyone in the press, right? Wrong! This is just one of the myths about PR that our guest debunks in this podcast episode.
Meet Jules Brooke, the amazing woman behind Handle Your Own PR. With her free tools and coaching services she has helped hundreds of small businesses and start-ups that don’t have big bucks to spend on advertising get FREE publicity for their businesses through media and editorial coverage.
Her success stories, some of which she shared in this interview, are truly inspiring and make DIY PR seem totally doable. A point in fact: she has inspired us be more proactive around PR (resulting in an interview with Carly Flynn from Radio Live, click here to listen in!).
A truly fantastic interview well worth the 45 minutes or so that you’re going to watch and listen in. Be prepared to take copius amounts of notes and walk away feeling ready to write your first media release and sending it to the press.
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Jules and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- The big leap Jules recently took to start up her own PR business and how it’s going (she really, truly put a stake in the ground with this one!)
- What is PR and why it is so much easier to get great PR than you think
- Success stories of Mums who have had great results from free PR
- How to reach out to the media and bloggers in a way that will get results
- How to build relationships with said media and bloggers over time
- So you get a story – how do you maximise the opportunity?
Resources we talked about:
- Upcycled Bride
- Jule’s website, Handle Your Own PR – Grab her free ebook and other resources
- Jules’ Facebook page – get answers to your PR questions
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Be as flexible as you can and be prepared to work funny hours. Learn how to work smart. As mums in business, you can’t afford to muck around and take your sweet time doing things! You need to learn to work at warp speed so you don’t miss out on quality time with your family.
Join the Conversation:
Are you feeling inspired to get some free PR for your biz after listening to Jules and J9? Or perhaps you have your own free PR success story to share in the comments below:
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>