I bet we had you at ‘hello’ with that podcast title didn’t we? I mean what Mama doesn’t want to find out how to add 5 or 10 hours, let alone 30 hours, to their month! Surely that’s not really possible right?
Well we thought the same thing but after talking with Kate and hearing about the frame-work she has developed for herself and her clients, we can see that every Mum, no matter how time-efficient she thinks she is, can probably get something out of Kate’s approach to managing time.
Listen in to hear Kate’s awesome tips around managing business and family life in a more time-effective way AND discover what Kate has learnt about business strategy along the way (this Mama has not just one but two profitable online businesses).
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Kate and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- Kate takes us step-by-step through her SMART framework for adding 30 guilt-free hours to your month
- We talk about why so many Mums struggle with overwhelm when it comes to time-management and what to do about it.
- We cover Kate’s advice for resolving resistance from loved ones when you are trying to implement positive changes
- Kate introduces the concept of in-sourcing – pure genius!
- The two key areas Kate calls ‘GOLD’ when it comes to making up lost time.
- Yes, we can have it all and here’s how!
Resources we talked about:
- ‘Me Time’ Kate’s Amazon Best-Selling Book
- Time Stylers 30 Day Transformation Programme – Use the coupon code ‘getitdone’ to get a massive $276AUD discount on Kate’s 30-day programme, reduced especially for GIDM listeners from $375AUD to $99AUD.
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Outsourcing comes up again this week but with a bit of a twist. In order to make more money in less time, Kate advises you to look at your Delegates and your Rejects Lists (listen in to the interview for more info on what these are).
This is part of the process of analysing where you are really spending your time, and discovering which tasks you can give to someone else at a lower rate than what you charge out yourself i.e. it’s more cost and time-effective for someone else to do it.
From there, start outsourcing and ‘in-sourcing’ and freeing up more of your time for yourself, your family or to drive more sales in your business – whatever is most important for you.
In-sourcing is all about asking your loved ones, particularly the kids, to step up and play their part at home but it’s also about you being honest with yourself about why you are doing the tasks that you do. Are you holding on to certain tasks you hate, for example, because of guilt or some other reason that is not serving you well? There’s some really interesting mindset and learned behaviours to explore here – who would have thought that our choices around housekeeping could be so revealing!
According to Kate, everyone has a a bucket list of ‘rejects’ or things they can let go of. Take action and get rid of at least a few of yours this week!
Join the Conversation:
What did you think of Kate’s SMART framework, are you going to give it a bash? What are you going to get rid of from your ‘Rejects’ Bucket List this week Mama? Please share in the comments below:
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>