Are you an expert at marketing to Mums? Or wish you were? Did you know that mums are the most powerful consumer in Australia (and we’d say it’s probably the same case in New Zealand and elsewhere too).
Interestingly, many of the Mums in the Get It Done Mum community are also marketing to other Mums, so it makes sense to understand how and why Mum’s buy what they buy.
That’s where today’s guest, Katrina McCarter from the online deals site Bubbler, comes in. Katrina specialises in helping businesses sell to Australia’s most powerful consumers – Mums – and she has done a fantastic job of it.
In just 2. 5 years Katrina has taken her business from zero to $1m plus, not to mention all the money Bubbler has raised for schools, playgroups and kindergartens across Australia.
And of course, Katrina is also a Mum so she has achieved all this alongside the juggle of family life.
Listen in to our interview with Katrina to find out how she did it and what her key tips are for marketing to Mums.
Here’s what Katrina and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- How Bubbler came about and what Katrina did to achieve such phenomenal results so quickly.
- How to use personal networks to rapidly build your business and team
- How to cashflow your business and attract angel investors.
- The power of positioning yourself with partnerships
- Mums as consumers – what you need to know
- Katrina’s awesome offer of a free 1/2 hour consult for one lucky listener – enter below in the comments!
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Resources we talked about:
- Springboard Enterprises
- Crowd funding with Anna Guenther
- The 7 pillars of Marketing to Mum’s (Katrina’s book to be published in May, we’ll keep you updated and may just have a few copies to giveaway to celebrate her launch)
- Simone Novello’s Partnership Marketing Programmes
- Snagit – a great tool for capturing systems (to make it easier when bringing on new team members).
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Build a bigger team around you. Katrina has 6-7 staff/contractors to tap into when needed that she can rely on and trust. Katrina empowers them to take control of what they do and uses Facebook groups to communicate quickly and easily without the need for phone calls or email overload. Katrina also recommends Snagit, a screen and audio recording tool you can use to create training resources. With Snagit you can do something once, then easily hand it over to someone else and be confident you have great training resources in place when new team members come onboard.
Be in to win a FREE CONSULT with Katrina!
Do you market to mums? If you are aware of the power of Mums as consumers and you want to be more effective at marketing to the Mums in your community, then put your hand up for a free 30 minute consult with Katrina!
During this call she will advise you on how you can start converting more leads into paying clients.
To enter, leave a comment below sharing:
1. a bit about your business and what you do/are passionate about
2. why you really want or need this skype consult with Katrina!
We’ll pick the winner ONE WEEK AFTER THE INTERVIEW GOES LIVE so don’t delay, leave your comment now.
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show! Find out how.