Are you struggling to stand out and be seen on Facebook?
These days its much harder to get your Facebook posts seen without paying for Facebook Ads.
It’s not impossible to get posts seen, but it’s certainly much much harder than it used to be (scroll down this blog post to find a great example of an organic post that did get great reach)
The hard truth is that you can’t just post any old photo, quote or comment anymore and expect it to get seen.
The Facebook algorithm favours content that is engaged and interacted with quickly, so regular posts just aren’t cutting it anymore.
Enter Facebook Live.
With Facebook Live your followers get notifications that you’ve gone live and over time, if you’re delivering great value and resonating with your audience, you’ll start to get lots of people joining and commenting.
This results in your Live video getting pushed higher up the news feed and therefore, it’s more likely to be seen and joined by new viewers.
The time is now
Part of the reason that Facebook Live is so powerful for reach is that it’s still relatively new, but it may not last forever. Facebook can be fickle and is changing all the time. There’s no way to really know what will happen next.
However, it’s safe to say that if you want to build your reach and engage with your audience in a way that builds great rapport, trust and credibility, then Facebook Live is a great option.
And NOW is the time to give it go. Not later when the opportunity to get the best results has passed!
What’s stopping you?
Here’s some brave, honest sharing from one Mum on our Facebook page sharing what has stopped her from utilising Facebook Live…..
Any of that sound familiar? Others have shared their fears of mucking up live, not knowing what to say, remembering to include links and a call to action, going blank, brain fog and ‘looking like a ninny”.
That’s a whole lot of reasons right there for NOT giving it a go right?
But on the flip side, isn’t it great to know that you are not the only one out there with those fears and doubts.
And the fact is, many of these women have chosen to feel the fear and do it anyway and they will reap the benefits. You can too!
Break it down into steps, and get help and support
If you know your target client is on Facebook and you are struggling to be seen, then it’s 100% worth giving Facebook Live a bash.
Like anything that involves getting outside your comfort zone, it can really help to break the learning down into steps, and surround yourself with people who are going to cheer you on.
You may be a natural, or it might take a bit of practice.
Either way, it helps to have a crew of people supporting you, giving you gentle but honest feedback, and attending your first Facebook Lives so you aren’t there all on your lonesome,so make sure you seek out some support to get started (or come on over and jump on the challenge in our Biz School for Mums!)
Like Debra, we want to see you rocking out some great Facebook Live videos and using this tool to build your audience and #beseen, so let’s do it.
Step One: Watch our Facebook Live interview with Deb below, it’s packed with great beginners tips and advice for getting started.
Step Two: Join the next “Get Yourself Out There” Facebook Live challenge – it will cost you nothing and in just 5 days you will be ready to rock with Facebook Live! [UPDATE 7/12/2018 – sorry folks, this free challenge is no longer available. However, we provide a safe, supportive environment to get started with FB Live over in our Business School for Mums – jump on our $1 trial if you are keen to explore this further]
|SUBSCRIBE to our podcast for more great FREE interviews >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Debra and J9 cover in the interview:
- Why go Live – is it worth all the bother?
- How to kick off your FB Live the right way
- Why it’s so important to get interaction and comments in the first few minutes of your FB live video, and how to do it.
- How to get live participants along to your Facebook Live event
- How long should you Facebook Live be?
- How to overcome your nerves and fears about appearing on Live video!
- Deb’s favourite FB live tools and what to use them for
- How to come up with great ideas for your Facebook Live content (without having to reinvent the wheel)
- One really important thing to think about when you are planning your Facebook Live
- Why it’s so important to include a call to action
Resources Mentioned (and a couple of goodies we found afterwards)
- Be Live – great tool to use for going live on Facebook, particularly for interviews.
- Ecamm Live: Facebook Live production for Mac users with great text overlays and other cool features.
- The Get Yourself Out There 5 Day Facebook Live Challenge (no longer available, sorry folks!)
- Debra’s All-You-Need CHECKLIST to plan, present + promote your first Facebook Live and ROCK IT!
- 18 Ideas for a Facebook Live Video – if you’re stuck for ideas for FB live video content, this will help.
Join the Conversation:
Do you have questions or an experience with Facebook Live to share? Please tell your story in the comments below and we’ll all support each other to take action with Facebook Live!