When did you last get out into nature with your kids Mama? There are SO many benefits to getting outdoorsy with the kids, but it can be hard to stay motivated and come up with quick easy ideas.
In this week’s podcast episode Michelle Morpeth of @OutdoorsyNZ covers some fantastic ways you can get into the outdoors more with your kids this summer. We also talk about how you can maximise the learning opportunities that nature provides for the kiddos while you are out and about. It’s inspiring stuff and a definite must-listen before we head into the xmas break.
And of course it wouldn’t be a Get It Done Mum podcast without business talk, so we hear about Michelle’s explosive Facebook group growth and her plans for monetizing her passion for getting more Mums and kids into the outdoors. If you’ve got an idea you are ready to turn into a viable business but you aren’t sure how to go about it, listen in to hear what’s been working well for Michelle.
Watch the full interview to learn how Michelle transitioned from being clueless to shaping her business into her passion project.
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what J9 and Michelle cover:
- Some great outdoors based activity ideas for you and your kids these Christmas holidays
- Why Michelle is building her audience first, and worrying about monetizing later
- The benefits to you and your kids when you spend more time in nature – from a health perspective and a learning & development perspective
- The increasing importance of getting outside as a tool to balance out our increasing dependence on technology and devices
- Michelle’s new Facebook group, one day old and a couple of hundred very excited members already!
- The ups and downs of growing a new business alongside IVF and pregnancy hormones (thanks Michelle for sharing your story with us)
- Tips and tools to help you if you are really keen to get outdoors more with your kids but lack confidence
Resources we talked about:
- Michelle’s fantastic summer kids activity resource
- The Outdoorsy Mama Facebook Group
- Mystery Science – open and go lessons online that inspire kids to love science that compliment outdoorsy learning beautifully!
Join the Conversation:
Share with us in the comments below how you can spend more time outdoors with the family! Tips on family-friendly places to visit would also be great!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>