Do you have neck, back, wrist or arm pain as a result of long periods sitting in front of a computer? Or perhaps your pains are connected to the aftermath of childbirth (our bodies are never quite the same after right?!!!)
If you have a ‘niggle’ in your body somewhere NOW is the time to act, not later when it graduates to ‘PAIN!’
We get how easy it is to ignore these types of issues – we’re so busy dealing with other things that we forget to look after ourselves. That’s why we set up this interview with qualified occupational therapist Sarah McEntee, who shares a bunch of quick and easy tips that you can implement today without too much effort. So why wouldn’t you?
Warning: If you do have a niggle (or perhaps even considerable pain that you are studiously ignoring) you are at serious risk of endangering both your livelihood AND the quality of your family time if you don’t do something about it.
Let’s prevent these types of injuries from ever holding you back from running, playing and jumping with your kids!
Listen in to find out more about the typical injuries home-based mumpreneurs suffer from, how to set your workstation up to prevent injury, what to do if you are already suffering from pain already and much more! Watch or listen here:
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what J9 and Sarah cover:
- The types of common injuries, aches and pains Mums often suffer from
- The impact it can have on you and your family if you let your aches and pains slide and they develop into something more serious
- Sarah’s top five tips for working from home pain free
- The pros and cons of standing desk
- How to set your workstations up so you are moving about frequently during the day and not sitting in one position for too long
- The role of regular exercise and tools like yoga in the prevention of your aches and pains
- How to get help if you have a problem that is getting more serious.
Resources we talked about:
- Sarah’s ‘Working From Home Pain Free’ webinar
- Restbreak App – for reminders to take breaks
- Free ACC download with great exercises to use throughout your work day to release tension in your muscles – we recommend you print them out and stick them next to your computer to make it quick and easy!
PLUS! GO IN THE DRAW TO WIN!
Sarah has generously offered to giveaway two copies of her popular ‘How to Work From Home Pain Free’ training webinar valued at $47. To enter, you need to head to the Get It Done Mum Connect Facebook Group and share a picture of your current workstation set-up. The two WORST workstation setups will win a copy of Sarah’s free training! Search ‘Get it Done Mum Connect’ to find our group on facebook, it’s 100% free to join if you are not already a member.
Join the Conversation:
Share with us in the comments below what are the common aches and pains that you are experiencing as a work at home mum!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>