Are you stuck in a business model that means you have to work longer and longer hours to make more money? Or perhaps you are in the early stages of your business but fear that you are not going to be able to cope with the demands on your time as the business grows? (meaning that you end up with LESS time with the kids instead of more, as you had originally planned!)
If you fall into either of these categories then this week’s podcast interview with the Hands Off CEO Mandi Ellefson could potentially cause a complete turnaround in the way you think about your business and its future direction.
Mandi teaches entrepreneurs with 6 and 7 figure businesses how to scale up and grow without working more hours. In this interview, we talk about how Mums can apply that same knowledge to grow their businesses (and earn more) in a sustainable way that leaves plenty of time for the important stuff, like hanging with your family.
The terms ‘scaling’ and ‘leveraging’ are thrown about a lot, so we spend time getting clear about what they mean and how they apply to what you are doing in your business. We also run through the common mistakes most business owners make when it comes to scaling up their businesses – there was lesson one in particular that really stood out and surprised us, so be sure to listen in to discover what it is!
And of course, as a Mum herself Mandi gets what it’s like when you are building a business part-time from home. When she started out she faced many challenges (just like you), including not being taken seriously and falling into the same traps that she now teaches others how to avoid- but today Mandi runs a highly successful and profitable business from home, in the hours of her choosing. It’s pretty inspiring stuff.
Watch or listen to the interview now!
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Mandi and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- How to plan to scale up and increase efficiencies in your business
- What to do and at which stage, when it comes to leveraging and scaling your biz
- Why you need to stop introducing new products and services!
- The constant change that comes with being a Mum in business
- The importance of being able to let go of things that don’t work
- The number 1 factor that so many Mums miss when it comes to creating a business that will scale effectively
- The crucial role that niche plays in all of this
- Are you scaling the right way?
- The two key actions you need to take right now if you realise that you AREN’T planning effectively to scale (until you listened to this interview, that is!)
Resources we talked about:
- www.handsoffceo.com/avatar – Mandi’s Avatar Interview Questions. This document is packed with tips on what to ask your target client when you get on the phone with them, so that you can discover where you can add the most value (this resource is gold!)
- https://coachmarketingmachine.com/ – Taki Moore, a coach for coaches and online marketing expert
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Go to people with a BIG problem and the money to invest in solving it. Positioning yourself in this way from the outset will set you up for success down the track when it comes to scaling up your business.
Join the Conversation:
Share with us in the comments below how you would use Mandi’s tips in scaling and leveraging your own business!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>