Do you feel overwhelmed by the pressures of being a Mum sometimes? Or perhaps you put unrealistic pressure on yourself to be the absolute best mum you can be, forgetting that you are only human and sometimes it ain’t always going to go to plan?!!!
Gervase Kolmos of Shiny Happy Human shares how she deals with the pressures that come along with being a modern-day Mum as we try to do and be it all, and how she helps other Mums in her Mommy Soul Tribe cope with the pressures as a mum life coach.
As Gervase says, Motherhood is definitely challenging (and really messy) but beautiful, if you know how to focus on what really matters and stay true to yourself. As each experience (and challenge) is unique for each Mum, we need to stop comparing ourselves to other Mums, and instead find encouragement and support from one another.
Learn how to be guilt-free, let go of unrealistic expectations, and embrace your role as a Mum no matter how far from perfect you may be in this inspiring chat between Jo and Gervase.
You can watch the interview here ->>
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Gervase and Jo cover in the podcast interview:
- How Gervase started as a mum coach and what she does (definitely not meal plans)
- The unique challenges to be a good mum, how she handles it while running a business at the same time AND 38 weeks pregnant!
- Why Gervase promotes being a Beautiful Messy Mum – and how that makes you love your life more!
- The role of Social Media in motherhood and how to use it to your advantage, without letting it infiltrate your thoughts, create anxiety and self doubt
- Where does mummy guilt come from and how to encourage mums to move past through the guilt
- Why self-care is important and how to create meaningful self-care
- Gervase’s take on work/life balance – and why she believes we should stop striving for balance in the traditional sense especially for a mumpreneur in the early stage of parenting
- How Gervase is moving from one-on-one coaching to a more leveraged business model
Resources we talked about:
- Shiny. Happy. Human – Gervase’s Facebook page and website where moms could sign up for membership to get tips, coaching and support on motherhood
- Mommy Soul Tribe – supportive Facebook community where mums can share anything and everything without the fear of being judged (it’s a sisterhood!)
- 16 ways for the #BeautifullyMessyMommy to have more FUN right (THE F) now! – free e-book that you can download here
Join the Conversation:
Gervase talked about creating ‘meaningful self-care’. What does this look like to you – share in the comments one thing you could do this week to make this happen!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>