Ready to discover some great tips for building a solid social media following?
If you’ve spent weeks, months or even years posting content but haven’t got a good number of followers, then this interview is for you! Maria Foy started the Happy Mum Happy Child page on Facebook 2 years ago, reached her target of 10,000 followers in the first year and now has over 50,000 followers! Amazing, right?
Plus Maria achieved it while taking care of a baby and toddler all at the same time! Find out how posting her activities with her kids grew into a hub of information, making Maria a well-known mum on social media.
Watch the full interview here >>
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Here’s what Maria and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- How Maria has built such a massive following on social media in just 2 years (50k followers on Facebook, 16k on Instagram and still growing!)
- How Maria is currently monetising her blog and where she might like to go in the future
- The importance of knowing your community and having a genuine commitment to engaging with and understanding them
- What makes Maria’s content stand out
- Maria’s tips for other Mums out there blogging or thinking about starting up a blog
- How Maria has used giveaways to build her audience and what she is doing now on Facebook Live
Resources we talked about:
- Happy Mum Happy Child – Maria’s Facebook page and website
- Bloggers Club – a service bloggers can sign up to get themselves promoted to businesses, brands and agencies
- August Boutique & Happy Mum Happy Child VIP Group – Facebook group where Maria has more personal interaction with the members
- Dango – tool used to automate and manage online giveaways
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Maria wants to keep her content 80% personal, and 20% sponsored stuff but considers increasing her sponsored posts. You can try to find a business that offers sponsorship to start earning from your blog!
Join the Conversation:
Maria talked about how simple but relatable and honest posts helped her grow her audience. Do you have ideas, activities, or products that you think might capture the interest of people online? Share with us in the comment section below!
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show!
Never left a review before? Click here for quick & easy instructions >>