Negative thoughts….we all have them. Whether it’s hourly, daily or a couple of times a week, negative thoughts creep in and can have a big impact on our motivation and ability to get things done and feel good about ourselves.
So what should we do about them?
Popular culture tells us that negative thoughts are bad and we must get out of that headspace as quickly as possible and ‘think positively’ but today’s guest Rachel Amanda has a different take.
Join us on the show to discover why Rachel doesn’t buy into the myth of positive thinking and how she chooses to approach negative thoughts for herself and with her coaching clients.
Here’s what Rachel and J9 cover in the podcast interview:
- How the message to ‘stay positive’ can stop us from being true to ourselves and lead to guilt and self-doubt.
- What to do when ‘sh*t happens’ and you have times of big change or challenge in your life or business.
- How to get unstuck from a negative space with self-love
- The one thing that is always on Rachel’s list when it comes to taking action on positive thinking.
- J9’s 5-10 minute exercise for getting unstuck
- The power of storytelling as a tool for healing in life and business
- Rachel’s offer of a free 1/2 hour ‘From Overwhelm to Awesome’ consult for one lucky listener – details below!
|SUBSCRIBE for FREE >> iTunes | Stitcher Radio | RSS|
Resources we talked about:
- Rachel Amanda Lead Your Life Programmes
- The Genuine Contact Program
- The Extraordinary Leadership Network
- Fiverr and Upwork (outsourcing tools)
Top tip for a 20 hour a week (or less!) business:
Niche is important but don’t paint yourself into a corner with it by being the only one who can deliver your expertise. If you are too specialised it’s difficult to hand over the work to someone else and scale your business! Rachel also wishes she had started using low-cost, project specific outsourcings platforms like Fiverr or Upwork earlier on in her business. While working with a VA or assistant on an ongoing basis is great, it’s important to remember you can outsource discreet projects or task to these platforms with great results, at low cost.
Be in to win a FREE ‘From Overwhelm to Awesome’ consult with Rachel!
Do you have something big stirring inside of you? Or perhaps you are working through a period of big change in your life or business and need help to gently move forward in a way that is true to yourself. Whatever it is, you can tackle it in this free 30 minute ‘From Overwhelm to Awesome‘ session with Rachel.
During this call you will hone in one issue and how you are going to get from that stuck place to one that feels awesome (without feeling the need to blame or ‘fix’ yourself!)
To enter, leave a comment below sharing one great thing that you are going to use inspired action and positive thinking to move forward in your life for 2016.
We’ll pick the winner ONE WEEK AFTER THE INTERVIEW GOES LIVE so don’t delay, leave your comment now.
Enjoying the Get It Done Mum podcast?
Please leave a review in Itunes or Stitcher to help more mums find our show! Find out how.